Thursday 15 September 2011

LIVE MAGIC PERFORMANCE EXPERIMENT [Updated!]

Okay, so this blog is finally coming out of the practice room and into the real world! I'm going out now, ostensibly to find me some lunch, but really I'm gonna head out, right now, and do some magic for some people.

This is earlier than I was going to do this, but I now realise that this whole thing is about getting over the hump. Now is as good a time as any to start.


TODAYS CHALLENGE
  1. While buying lunch today, go out and do ONE MAGIC TRICK to a layman. 
  2. Whether it goes good or bad, you've still completed today's challenge.
It's as simple as that because, as I say, this is just about readying myself for the types of things which I'm going to be getting up to in future. Now that I've sat down and posted this, I basically have to go out and try a performance. Because if I don't, I'll end up feeling like a such a complete and utter jackass. 

I'll let you know how it goes when I come back.


*****UPDATE*****

I did it! I must admit though that I did kinda suck at the whole thing. I got up 'inside my head' about the whole process, spent a whole lot of umming and aahing about which people to approach.  I must have spent half an hour, just pacing around with my lunch in hand. Eventually, I got there. I showed a card routine to two early-twenties kinda guys. One was wearing a Man U top, I think.

Overall it went okay, not great. I got the feeling that they didn't actually speak the best English, but that's okay, I found the card, so at least I didn't look like a complete dildo. I still felt a tiny bit like a psychopath, approaching some people for no real reason, but I'm sure this feeling will fade (right?). Overall I feel very pleased, because I finally went out and I actually did some real magic. This is the first step to rehabilitation went out and did it! Things are moving!

I completed my first challenge! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!